Thursday, September 2, 2010

My September 2010 Calendar - Monet's Garden at Giverny

While in France, Mum and I absolutely had to visit Monet's house and gardens in Giverny. Claude Monet is her favourite painter, and I adore his work too. We had a fantastic day and really enjoyed looking around the house and the two large gardens Monet so lovingly created. I took over 100 photos. The gardens are separated by the road that leads to the tiny village. This photo of his famous waterlily pond is taken in the lower garden, which has a free Japanese inspired design, in contrast with the formal upper garden with its symmetrical flowerbeds. You can just see the grey roof, pink walls and green shutters of his house through the trees in the centre of the picture. Many of Monet's best loved artworks were painted in his gardens, but of all his creations, the gardens themselves are the works Monet spent the most time perfecting.


Credits:
2Ps-Rhonna Farrer-Pink October Free Template 1
KISM-Keepsake-Flower 1
Thaliris-Just for me-el84
Fonts: American Scribe, Bookman Old Style (Bold)
CVW_SupplyTracker

I also clipped a small section of one of Monet’s most spectacular waterlilies paintings to the “M” for Monet. This was from a photo I took at the Musee de l'Orangerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment